Hey everyone! It’s Ryan with another monthly installment of the Playlist Challenge. This should be a fun one so hopefully you guys want to participate on this one. As always, here are the rules. I will post a 20-song playlist on a certain topic complete with explanations for each song. I challenge each of you, Brent included, to do the same. Once you see this, shoot us an email at email@example.com and put “Playlist Challenge November” in the subject line.
This has been a crazy, hectic month for me as evidenced by this list coming out just now. On top of that, there isn’t any Thanksgiving music and the only song I can think of that’s about November is “November Rain.” What is Thanksgiving though? It’s a time to think about things you’re thankful for and to stuff your face with delicious food. Keeping that in mind, here’s your challenge. Stuff our collective faces with all the musical goodness you can muster on this one. Show us 20 songs you’re thankful for. Also, there shouldn’t be anything too controversial on this list for me, so there won’t be any explanations on this list. I won’t ask you to do that for your list either.
1. Rush- Limelight
2. Van Halen- Dance the Night Away
3. Tom Petty- You Don’t Know How It Feels
4. Bachman-Turner Overdrive: Takin’ Care of Business
5. Billy Joel- Miami 2017 (I’ve Seen The Lights Go Out on Broadway)
6. Elton John- The Bitch is Back
7. The Gaslight Anthem- 45
8. .38 Special- If I’d Been the One
9. Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band- The Fire Inside
10. Creedence Clearwater Revival- Up Around the Bend
11. Barenaked Ladies- The Old Apartment
12. REM- What’s the Frequency, Kenneth?
13. Bowling for Soup- Girl all the Bad Guys Want
14. Disturbed- Indestructible
15. Joe Jackson- I’m the Man
16. Elvis Costello and The Attractions- (What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding?
17. Queen- Don’t Stop Me Now
18. Prince- Little Red Corvette
19. The Outfield- Your Love